tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... any ideas?
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:24:49 GMT
At a very quick glance, it looks like it should be Ok.  My first guess would be tree permissions.
 Apache will tree-walk, so it needs at least 'rx' permissions to all directories upto and
including "D:/Apache/Tomcat4.1/CTG/examples".

403 is also Apache's normal response when you have disabled directory listings, but I didn't
see that in my quick glance (quick := I very well may have overlooked something :).

  "tomcat guy" <tomcat@corridortechnology.com> wrote in message news:001301c2d91d$b63a0590$6601a8c0@ctg...
  If anyone can help, here is my problem:

  I can go to http://localhost:8080/examples and I get the directory listing images/ jsp/
servlets/.  BUT when I go to http://localhost/examples I get the forbidden error?!?

  Any ideas?  The permissions are all good.

  I go to http://localhost/examples/jps and it works?  The JSP's work along with the servlets.

  I recently reinstalled my apache server.  I cannot remember this not working.  What did
I forget!!!   (besides my documentation, of course).

  Basically I need to setup a directory path to http://localhost/examples/temp or http://localhost/temp
& to my virtualHost http://ctg.com/examples nothing is working!!!

  I have attached a copy of my httpd.conf & server.xml.  If anyone would be able to give
it a quick glance OR send a copy of your config files that would be great!

  I am using:
  Apache2.0.43
  Tomcat4.1.18
  mod_jk