tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Location of property files
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:43:37 GMT
<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%
  Properties myProps = new Properties();
  InputStream pin =
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/my.properties");
  myProps.load(pin);
  pin.close();
%>

"Jim Kennedy" <jimk@gigaheads.com> wrote in message
I would like to know how to configure Tomcat to look for property files
(.properties) in a directory other than ...\webapps\myapp\WEB-INF\classes.
I've tried put them in the WEB-INF dir and the WEB-INF\lib directory, but I
get MissingResourceException.  It only seems to find them in the classes
dir - which makes sense.  But I would like to place them elsewhere under my
web application, preferably in the WEB-INF dir.  How can I do this?

Thanks to all

Jim Kennedy
IT Consultant