tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arcadius A." <ahou...@sh.cvut.cz>
Subject Tomcat as a production server?
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 00:47:04 GMT
Hello!
We're using tomcat 4.1.12, Apache 1.3.27 , mod_jk1.2.2 on a redhat 7.3
server ( AMD Duron 1.2GHz, 256 RAM).

The problem is that the server runs quite fine the first few days.... but
after a week, the server is heavily busy: While the number of tomcat
processes and the memory usage is slightly the same, the CPU usage of each
of the tomcat processes highly increase (  from 0.0% to about 19% for each
of the tomcat processes)..... so tomcat can no longer respond to requests
from the browser..... the only one thing I use to do is restart the
server.... then everything works fine again....
Note that all the  6 java processes shown in the attached file are from
tomcat. And we're using tomcat's default configurations.

Please has anyone coped with this problem before?