tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <skoeh...@upb.de>
Subject Re: AW: modified jsp-files and jasper2
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:20:44 GMT
>> I just checked the web.xml file in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml.  It
>> suggests
>> the "development" is the default mode in which Jasper operates.  Have you
>> tried leaving development, reloading, and checkInterval out of your
>> web.xml
>> file to see if the standard behavior works?
>
> The tomcat-docs also state, that development should be false in
> production-environment. background should be used, because it's more
> efficient.

Today i uploaded new pages, and there we're compiled fine, than i
uploaded some updated pages, and they weren't compiled at all.
I tried the reload-button in the manager-app, nothing happened.

> Even with development=true i remember some cases, where tomcat didn't
> reload the pages, and i had to hit the reload-button.

I thought of what you said, and set the development-option to true, and
restarted tomcat.
It didn't help. I still saw the old pages. Even after that restart
Tomcat didn't recompile my pages!!!

>>> Hitting the reload-button in the manager-app always helps.

As i know now, this doesn't help always, but nearly always.

As development==false implied, that background-compilation is disabled,
nothing should keep me from seeing the new page!
the opposite of background-compilation (development=true) is that the
page is recompiled before the http-request is executed.

Any hints?

I think i will submit a Bug-Report.