tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: LoadOnStartupInterceptor: cannot load servlet name ...java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:26:51 GMT
The simplest is to just include the Oracle jars in lib/common.

Otherwise, it's not a 'server.xml' setting.  Assuming that Tomcat is running
under the user 'tomcat', then you would need to create a file called
'~tomcat/.tomcatrc' looking like:

TOMCAT_OPTS="-Dorg.apache.tomcat.common.classpath=/path/to/oracle.jar"

Alternatively, you can edit the 'tomcat.sh' file to do the same thing.  The
value of this System property gets added to the classpath for the 'common'
classloader, so it should solve your problem.