tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Performance Measuring
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 05:24:11 GMT
TC 5.x has this (accesable via JMX).  I don't know if it will get
back-ported to the 4.1 branch.  However, as Peter said, it is a pretty
simple Filter:

public class MyTimingFilter implements Filter {

  public MyTimingFilter() {
  }

  public void init(FilterConfig conf){
  }

  public void destroy() {
  }

  public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse res, FilterChain
chain)
     throws IOException, ServletException {
     chain.doFilter(req, res);
     long end = System.currentTimeMillis();
     // Implement something here to record the times.
  }
}