tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: where put the business components properties file
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:55:14 GMT

"Pedro Cardoso" <pjdc@maisis.pt> wrote in message
news:3E4AB7F3.6020707@maisis.pt...
> but i read the properties file by inicialize(View object) after an
> useBean tag; and when i run the project in tomcat 4.1 show this:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JSP
> Registry could not locate runtime property file:jsp_bc_BcModule.properties
>
> the file is in CLASSPATH.

Forget about CLASSPATH.  The Tomcat startup scripts ignore it.  Filip's
suggestion is the simplest.  If you need to share it across multiple
webapps, then put the file in
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes/<my.package>/my.properties.

> any other ideia? thanks again...
> Pedro Cardoso
> Filip Hanik wrote:
>
> >put it in WEB-INF/classes
> >
> >then you can access it from your servlet or JSP by using the classloader
> >
> >for example,
> >
> >Properties prop = new Properties();
> >InputStream in
this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("xxx_bcModule.propertie
s");