tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Setting up logging - Log4j
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:03:34 GMT
As much as I respect Ceki, I do think that there is a place for
commons-logging.  It does provide a nice transition platform when you are
switching out of JDK1.4-logging, because you were brain-dead at the time you
chose it ;-).

It is also very useful for people writing commercial re-distributed
applications, that want to allow for end-user flexibility on the real
logging package.

But read the article and decide for yourself.