tomcat-users mailing list archives

From liug <l...@mama.indstate.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Apache2/JNI on Solaris
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:04:56 GMT
> One difference I noticed -- I have jkjni.so in =
> $APACHE_HOME/lib/jkjni.so.  I
> don't know if that makes a difference, maybe the default loc is now
> $APACHE_HOME/modules or maybe it doesn't make a difference in 4.1.18 =
> TC.

> Paul

Where exactly should jkjni.so live?
the official tomcat document
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/installhowto.html
says to put both "mod_jk2.so" and "jkjni.so" into the apache modules
directory, which is what I did.

On the other hand, the document:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/confighowto.html
has the following:
OPT=-Djava.class.path=${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat-jni.jar;${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat.jar
and neither of the jar files exist in the respective directories.
(btw, shouldn't it be : instead of ; between two jars?)
This makes me suspect the acuaracy of the document.

Do I have to set those OPT in the workers2.properties?
I don't need to do any of those if I start tomcat manually.

btw, where is {TOMCAT_HOME} defined, how does workers2.properties get
that info?