tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Script for checking remote server
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:37:54 GMT
I have a status function that tells you which threads are running for
tomcat for linux/unix.

Of course it doesn't give you definitive proof that the app is up,
but it is useful info. Go here to get script:
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/tomcatd

Oscar

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, tomcat guy wrote:

> What does everyone use to check the status of a remote server?
>
> I am needing a script (or what have you) that will validate that my Tomcat server is
up and running on timed intervals.  If the server is down, I need to post to a web page that
sends either (or both) an email & a msg to my cell phone (think I have this part figured
out).