tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: R: Startup/shutdown script
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:01:55 GMT
What happens if you shut it down manually (as root)?
/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat stop

I find it easier to put a chkconfig line near the top of the script such
as:
#chkconfig: 345 84 14

Then you can do this to add all the appropriate symbolic links for
shutdown/startup.

/sbin/chkconfig --add tomcatd      #this will add the symbolic links
/sbin/chkconfig --list tomcatd     #this will tell you how it starts up
/sbin/chkconfig --del tomcatd      #this will get rid of all symbolic links

I use RedHat 7.3 and I published my HOWTO along with daemon scripts:
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html