tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <os...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: tomcat /apache2 / jk2 rewrites https:// requests as http://
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:36:29 GMT
I just had this same problem. Although I'm using mod_jk, but it should be
same.

You can create a virtual host in http.conf for port 80. You probably have
a file called ssl.conf also for apache. It has a virtual host built in.

You need to look at your tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf and take the
appropriate lines and paste them into your http.conf and ssl.conf INSIDE
<VirtualHost> tags. Particularly the JkMount directives. Then make sure
you no longer have an include for that tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf file
directly. Also make sure to have your DocumentRoot directives point to
two different directories. Hopefully that works for you, if not I can give
some more details.

I'm currently documenting every step I need to do to install the following
in RedHat 7.3:

-JDK 1.4.0_01 (binary)
-Tomcat 4.1.18 (binary)
-Mod_jk Connector (binary)
-Openssl 0.9.7 (source)
-Apache/SSL/other modules/Virtual Host (source)
-Struts
-Ant
-Postgresql 7.1.3 + JDBC (source)
-Pgaccess (source)
-Daemon scripts for all that run in /etc/rc.d/init.d/*

I'll probably post it when I'm done.

Good luck,
Oscar