tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John-P King" <john-p.k...@db.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.18 will not start for me
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:27:56 GMT
I am trying to get tomcat version 4.1.18 to run on a Windows 2000 server.
But after installing the JDK and then the tomcat server I cannot get it to
startup. When I try to start it a command window pops up and then goes
away without any text written to the window. I looked at the log files and
I see this:
stderr:
-------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
stdout:
-------
Bootstrap: Create Catalina server
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java,

Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.(StandardClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java,

Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)

Any guru's out there that might be able to help me out?