tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David.T.Cl...@alltelmd.com
Subject Problem with servlets in Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 22:52:45 GMT
Two more peices of information just as an FYI.. JSPs work and Java Beans
work. Servlets are the only thing that don'e seem to work.  Looking forward
to hearing from you.  Thanks

David T Clark
Batch/Intranet/Rename Support
ALLTEL Information Services
Core Systems (MAD Development Center)
(904) 854-5095   (Jacksonville)

----- Forwarded by David T Clark/ATISMD/ALLTEL on 02/05/2003 05:50 PM -----

                      David T Clark

                                               To:       tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                      02/05/2003 05:47         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  Problem with servlets in Tomcat 4.1.18

Hello, I have recently downloaded Tomcat 4.1.18 and I am having a little
problem getting servlets to work.  After installing a Tomcat 4.1.18 I
created a directory called test under the webapps directory.  I then
created directory WEB-INF under test and classes under WEB-INF.  I placed a
single servlet called HelloWorldExample in the classes directory.  When I
try to use it I get the 404 error message saying it cannot find it..  The
really frustrating part is I can copy this directory into the webapps
directory for Tomcat 4.1.10  or just copy this servlet into any other
preexisting directory and it works fine.  I can't seem to get any servlets
to work in any directory I create.  Any ideas?  I have never had this
problem before in Tomcat. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks