tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian P. McLoughlin" <bmclough...@sofwerks.com>
Subject jsp issues
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:50:32 GMT
I've recently installed Tomcat on my local machine, and I'm having some
problems.  I'm using tomcat 4.0.4 with j2sdk 1.4.1, and at first it seemed
to be working, but once I created my own webapp with a virtually empty
web.xml (<webapp></webapp>), Tomcat started crashing on JSP pages.  I can no
longer view any JSP pages, even those that came with Tomcat, and when I try
the below message is displayed.  I've tried reinstalling Tomcat, but this
did not help.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Brian

Error:

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
exception
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet
(StandardWrapper.java:946)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate
(StandardWrapper.java:655)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:190)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke
(AuthenticatorBase.java:475)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke
(CertificatesValve.java:246)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke
(StandardContext.java:2347)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke
(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke
(AccessLogValve.java:468)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext
(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke
(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process
(HttpProcessor.java:1027)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run
(HttpProcessor.java:1125)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletContext.getResourcePaths
(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/Set;
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processJars
(TldLocationsCache.java:202)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.
(TldLocationsCache.java:139)
	at org.apache.jasper.EmbededServletOptions.
(EmbededServletOptions.java:350)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:265)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet
(StandardWrapper.java:918)