tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Bothma" <p...@xtracker.co.za>
Subject Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.1.12 on W2K
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:35:30 GMT
Hi,

Senario:

I want to use Apache as a front end server to server static content and
Tomcat listening on port 8009 using mod_jk or perhaps another method to get
Apache to forward *.jsp and /servlet requests to Tomcat.

I'm using James 4.1.12 on W2K an would like to use the tomcat.conf-auto
file. I've looked through the documentation for Tomcat but can't find out
where I need to add the setting to enable Tomcat to create the file on
startup. I've tried the Tomcat 3 method of using <ApacheConfig
confighome="c:/jakarta-tomcat/conf/" /> in /conf/server.xml, but I can't
still find the config file.

Any idea what I need to do to create this file.

FYI. I'm want to use the auto config file, because I'm having troubles using
a file that I created manually for Apache. The problem is with the AddModule
mod_jk.c line in /conf/httpd.conf. I've looked through Apache's docs and it
appears that the AddModule statement has been removed. I guess that the
mod_jk.dll only works for version 1.3 of  Apache. (I did notice something in
the Apache docs that there are some changes to how modules are loaded in v.
2).

Any ideas on what can be done to get Tomcat and Apache 2 to work together.

Thanks,

Paul