tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Lunnon" <b...@mirrim.com.au>
Subject RE: JSPs sometimes don't recompile
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:14:44 GMT
Sounds like a browser cache problem,
to get around this, simply add some other parameters to the url
(e.g http://foo.com/some_servlet?param=value&dummy=fred)

hope this helps

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn.P.Brauser@Flagstar.com [mailto:Glenn.P.Brauser@Flagstar.com]
Sent: Friday, 28 February 2003 6:44 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JSPs sometimes don't recompile

We are running Tomcat 3.2.4 and occasionly experience problems with JSPs
not recompiling after thay have been modified.  In the latest instance, a
single new JSP (not an "included" file) was placed out on the server. Upon
testing the change, it was determined that Tomcat was serving up the old
file.  A couple of things were tried. First, we simply touched the file in
an effort to force it to be recompiled. No luck.  Then we deleted the file
to see if we would get a 404.  The old file was still being served up by
Tomcat.  Looking in the work  directory, there was no trace of the
offending JSP.  No .java file, no .class file.  How can Tomcat still be
serving up the file when it is not even there?

This e-mail may contain data that is confidential, proprietary or
"non-public
personal information", as that term is defined in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
(collectively, "Confidential Information"). The Confidential Information is
disclosed conditioned upon your agreement that you will treat it
confidentially and in accordance with applicable law, ensure that such data
isn't used or disclosed except for the limited purpose for which it's being
provided and will notify and cooperate with us regarding any requested or
unauthorized disclosure or use of any Confidential Information. By accepting
and reviewing the Confidential Information you agree to indemnify us against
any losses or expenses, including attorney's fees that we may incur as a
result of any unauthorized use or disclosure of this data due to your acts
or
omissions. If a party other than the intended recipient receives this
e-mail,
you are requested to instantly notify us of the erroneous delivery and
return
to us all data so delivered.