tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Webb Stacy" <w...@stacynetwork.com>
Subject RE: Help with Apache 1.3/Tomcat 4.1.18/JK?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:56:32 GMT
Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately I'm still getting
the same failures.

  >>Normally you have to compile modules with a different
  >>(extended) interface when running SSL for Apache 1.3.
  >>
  >>If your rpms for mod_jk.so were not compiled for the
  >>extended interface, they won't load or work with
  >>SSL-enabled Apache.

Tried using 1.2.2 versions of both mod_jk.1.3-eapi.so and
mod_jk.1.3-noeapi.so (renaming them to mod_jk.so in
/usr/lib/apache), same symptoms either way.

  >>/etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf is not where the ApacheConfig classes put
  >>mod_jk.conf.  I'm surprised there isn't an Apache error like "can't find
  >>file" or something.
  >>
  >>The ApacheConfig classes put mod_jk.conf in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto.
Does
  >>the "Include" even work?

This directory didn't exist, so I (as the Tomcat 4 user) created it.
Same symptoms, and there was no mod_jk.conf (or anything else) in
this directory.  Guess that's not too surprising since Tomcat complains
about not finding the configuration class.

I don't know if the Include is working.  There is a puzzling line in the
Apache
log on startup:

  [Thu Feb  6 07:39:56 2003] [warn] module mod_jk.c is already added,
skipping

even though the only mention of mod_jk in httpd.conf is

  <IfDefine HAVE_JK>
  LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
  AddModule  mod_jk.c
  Include /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf
  </IfDefine>

Any good way to tell if the Include is actually working?

I'm also wondering if somehow the classpath used by Tomcat is configured
wrong?
The messages say Tomcat can't find

  org.apache.ajp.Tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig

even though it exists in $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/tomcat-jk.jar.
How would I go about tracking this down?

Thanks for your attentiona and help,

    --Webb