tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Takeshi L Toyohara" <ttoyoh...@cauldronsolutions.com>
Subject tomcat shutdown.sh bails
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:06:22 GMT
folks,

i am having a similar problem to what is described this article.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=lA
Ym9.143755%248o4.21137%40afrodite.telenet-ops.be

basically, my shutdown.sh script stopped working for tomcat 4.1.12 on redhat
7.3.  I get the old "Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused." error msg.  Either that or see "Stopping service
TOmcat-Standalone" in teh catalina logs, but the server doesnt really shut
down.

My application is definitely running and I tried shutting down my firewall
completely to rule out the firewall blocking the call on port 8005
resolution.

does anyone else have any ideas on why shutdown.sh is failing?

thanks in advance

Takeshi L Toyohara
Cauldron Solutions
Solutions Developer