tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Moreira <jmore...@e-terno.net>
Subject RE: my first servlet
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:10:40 GMT
thank you. i had already solved the problem and it was indeed the package
... i created a 'servlets' dir and placed the

servlets in there with 'package servlets;'

good work

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Mike Jackson [mailto:mjackson@cdi-hq.com]
Enviada: quinta-feira, 13 de Fevereiro de 2003 17:04
Para: Tomcat Users List
Assunto: RE: my first servlet

Is your servlet in a package?  You if it is and you haven't specified a name
for the servlet you'll need to supply the package and class name, ie
http://localhost:8081/servlet/org.dorkmaster.servlet.db2xml

Also, you might also want to remember that the java style guidelines specify
that classes should start capitalized (Db2xml) and that subsequent words in
the class name should also be capitalized (Db2Xml).  I don't have a link to
the guidelines, but I'm sure someone else can offer one.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com