tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nicole Hibbard" <nhibb...@xtelesis.com>
Subject RE: Class not being found - please help !
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:49:00 GMT
I'm kinda a newbie, but I'll try to help.  Your class file should be under
the same directory as you jsp in the WEB-INF folder.  For example:
I have a test.jsp that uses GetTestResults.  Then there should be (in the
same directory as the jsp) a WEB_INF folder containing the
GetTestResults.class file.

Good Luck

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Clarkson [mailto:dhc@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 4:44 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Class not being found - please help !

Hi all,
	We've got tomcat 4.1 running in linux and have successfully loaded the
postgres drivers by placing the jar file in the /var/tomcat4/common/lib
directory and developed a site. However, I have just created a java class
which I wish to use on the site, but every time I try to load the class in a
JSP page I get this error :

Generated servlet error:
/var/tomcat4/work/Standalone/localhost/_/index_jsp.java:72: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class wwSecurity
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

I first tried placing the class in a jar in the /var/tomcat4/common/lib/
directory. I then tried /var/tomcat4/shared/lib. I also tried placing the
.class file in the classes directories of these locations and the
WEB-INF/classes directory. Of course I restarted tomcat after each attempt.

I have not been able to get tomcat to find the class once. Can anyone help ?

Derek Clarkson
Web: http://users/bigpond/net/au/drekka