tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simone Chiaretta" <simon...@logicapiu.it>
Subject R: Autopostback in JSP
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:29:11 GMT
I've a quite strong backgorund in javascript

you say that that
> each Browser has its own Java Skript dialect

that's not competely true... it depends on what you want to support

IE5+ and NS 6.2+ and mozilla (any) support all the same functions... and the
banal display/don't display and mouseover image change works all the same
way.

Of course if u want to support IE3 or NS 4 or Lynx that could be a problem
because u have to trigger the various scripting for these low-level
browser... but i u support the one I mentioned above you support 99.9% of
the internet users (unless u are developing some specific for some lynx
fanatics or so on :-))

Anyway, if u want some hints on Javascript fell free to mail to me directly
since javascript is OT in Tomcat ML.

Bye
Simone