tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simone Chiaretta" <simon...@logicapiu.it>
Subject Startup/shutdown script
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:03:58 GMT
Hello All,
I'm using tomcat 4.0.4 on a linux (red hat 7.3) server
I've a problem shutting down the tomcat deamon when the machine is
stopped/rebooted from maintenance.
The problem is that during the shutdown the shutdown script (the script I'm
referring to is the one below, not the shutdown.sh inside tomcat bin dir) is
not executed (or, at least, it doesn't write to the console "Shutting down
tomcat [OK]" nor write it to the boot.log nor messages and also doesn't
write to the catalina.out file the fact that tomcat was shut down.

If I execute the script at cmd line, the script shuts down the process....
Does anybody has a clue of what the problem could be?
Thank you
Simone

Addendum:
I'm using this script:

#!/bin/bash
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01
TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/
export JAVA_HOME TOMCAT_HOME

case "$1" in
	start)
	cd $TOMCAT_HOME/bin
	./startup.sh
	;;
	stop)
	cd $TOMCAT_HOME/bin
        ./shutdown.sh
        ;;
	*)
	echo "usage tomcat start|stop"
	;;
esac

this is named tomcat, set into the init.d dir inside /etc
and there is K11tomcat link in the rc0.d dir inside /etc