tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: building just one connector module?
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:30:47 GMT
Remove unnecessary lines from, e.g. tomcat41=.....

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Lunde []
Sent: February 26, 2003 11:08 AM
Subject: building just one connector module?

I'd like to to build mod_jk for use with an existing build of Apache
1.3.27 and the binary distribution of Tomcat 4.1.18.

But I've like to avoid building from source all the connectors for
all Apache versions. I'm not sure that I need anything beyond
the apache module for 1.3.x.

Is it feasible to build such a limited subset of stuff?

My initial experiments suggested two approaches: setting some
properties in a file to empty strings, and plugging
in jar files from the binary distribution where the build process
expects to find them.

Any advice on how to do this, other than trial and error?

(I'm presently working on Red Hat Linux 7.0 but will need
to do this again for Solaris 8 and/or a later version of Red Hat.)
     Albert Lunde (new address)
                 (old address)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: