tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: Autopostback in JSP
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:17:38 GMT
Search struts archive. I remember some one posted similar question. All you
have to do is to write HTML code.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Skripczynski [mailto:skripi@myrealbox.com]
Sent: February 26, 2003 9:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Autopostback in JSP

runu rathi:
> Hi,
> 1)  I want the contents of my HTML page display to
> refresh automatically based on a selection made by the
> user. I am using HTML + JSP.
> For Example:
>   There are three radio buttons
>           - Thesis
>           - Non-Thesis
>           - Software Engineering
>   Drop Down Menu1
>
> If the user selects 'thesis' there should be one drop
> down menu appearing on the screen else there should be
> two drop down menus appearing.
>  How can I do that?
Well, i believe you need to use Java Skript in any way.

if the user chooses a different radio button to
either load a new page
or     to change the content of the page dynamically.

> 2)  Also what function in JSP will allow my page to
> display one image if the mouse is placed on it and
> another image if the the mouse is not place on it?
> Thanks,
Java Skript with mouse-over.

I'm not familiar with Java Skript, but I have heard, that
each Browser has its own Java Skript dialect. So supporting
many Browser can be a pain...

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi(at)myrealbox(dot)com

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.