tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: tcp/ip stack issues
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:12:52 GMT
I was scared some one run tomcat on win95 box.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Hunter [mailto:ihunter@hunterweb.net]
Sent: February 25, 2003 11:11 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tcp/ip stack issues

If you don't have a NIC or an Ethernet connection, what's the point?

In my experience, Win95 will still allow you to connect to 127.0.0.1, but in
Win2K you can't even reach yourself without a network connection.  My
solution was to create an Ethernet loopback plug that I stick in my NIC port
and a short time later I can at least access 127.0.0.1.