tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Swapneel Dange" <s_da...@hotmail.com>
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:24:48 GMT
hi there !

i am running a TOMCAT successfully, but if i want to see the page saying
index.html , which is not in the 'ROOT' diretory under 'webapps' but its
under another directory named 'swapneel', which is also under 'webapps'. But
whenever i say http://localhost:8080/index.html then it will always show the
default page for the TOMCAT. i want my index.html in 'swapneel' to be shown
on the browser.

the other thing is that i want to replace the IPADDRESS of the machine on
which TOMCAT is running with some name, lets say 'IAMTOMCAT' and can we get
rid of the port number in the address for running the TOMCAT, so in the end
can the address look like this -----

http://IAMTOMCAT/index.html

What are the files that need to be changed accordingly for this thing to
work ? thanx to all !

Swapneel Dange
505-642-4126
http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~sdange