tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Ni" <mikeni...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver issue
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 04:00:22 GMT
Exact problem is tomcat can't read from the CLASSPATH and needs the actual
files inside the web-inf folder.  So basically to get a connection you need
1 install the sdk
2 install tomcat
3 get all the environmental variables correct
4 install the driver
5 (this is my problem) place a copy of the driver inside the web-inf folder

finally you can have your jsp pages find the driver and then query the
database.

mike
learned a lot in the past few days