tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: Oracle connection pooling + Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:45:03 GMT
Tomcat's connection pooling utilizes its JNDI implementation plus
commons-dbcp and pooling, so you have to use whatever the JNDI-datasource
documentation tells you to do, that is

1. type="javax.sql.DataSource"
2.
<name>driverClassName</name>
3. Do not define factory, there is default value by Tomcat.

Behind the scene, Tomcat will use BasicDataSource and PoolableConnection
(whose underlying connection is OracleConnection).

If you do wish to use Oracle's connection pooling, I didn't have luck
either. But I tried its connection caching.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"