tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: Exception - Starting up Tomcat with Struts
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:00:23 GMT
One easy way to tell if your xml is incorrect is to double click on your
web.xml and struts-config.xml. It brings up your web browser. Your web
browser should interpret your xml based on the dtd provided by your xml. If
there is something wrong, the error message must be seen in the browser.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjeevkumar Cherengotil
[mailto:Sanjeevkumar.Cherengotil@itsprojects.com]
Sent: February 18, 2003 7:26 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Exception - Starting up Tomcat with Struts

Thanks much.. I have modified the web.xml (few of its tags were messed up).
Now the following exception remains.. any ideas??

[ERROR] ActionServlet - -null <java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from
final
class>java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:11
1)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(Webapp
ClassLoader.java:1664)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:953)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1394)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.createContentDispatch
er(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.<init>(XMLDocum
entFragmentScannerImpl.java:249)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.<init>(XMLDocumentScann
erImpl.java:245)

Thanks in advance..
-Sanjeev
" - luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity - "

Sanjeev Kumar C K
Senior Software Engineer
IT Solutions India Private Ltd
Ph : 044-28212877 / 78 , ext - 2315 .

                    Tim Funk

                    <funkman@joedo       To:     Tomcat Users List

                    g.org>                <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                         cc:

                    02/18/2003           Subject:     Re: Exception -
Starting up Tomcat
                    05:45 PM              with Struts

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

Your web.xml is not wellformed and/or valid. Make sure it is with
respect to the DTD.

-Tim

Sanjeevkumar Cherengotil wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I have installed Tomcat 4.1.18 and Struts1.1 Beta on my Windows 2000
> machine. I copied all jar files and other required files along with the
war
> files into the directories mentioned in the installation manual. I am
> getting couple of exceptions. Could anyone please tell me what went
wrong?

>      Exceptions are as follows..
>
> Exception #1
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
> match

"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,fil
ter-

mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,w
elco

me-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,security-c
onst