tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: Best practices - dev & deploy?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:15:23 GMT
I guess it was cached. Try close your browser and re-launch it.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: John Ruffin [mailto:JRuffin@AccredoHealth.com]
Sent: February 14, 2003 12:13 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Best practices - dev & deploy?

I running tc4.1.18, sdk1.4.0_01, struts1.1.b2 on a w2k machine.  TC runs as
an NT service.

I created a basic myHello project - just an app with 2 jsps.  Used Ant to
build and deploy the app but I can't see the changes unless I go through
this crazy process of:
(step1) removing the app using Manager
(step2) stopping the "NT service" - Apache Tomcat4.1
(step3) deleting the app folder under catalina_home\webapps
(step3) deleting the appName.war file
(step4) starting the NT service - Apache Tomcat4.1
(step5) building the app using Ant - which of course redeploys the app

<Did I mention it was crazy?>

Question: What are some best practices for testing applications?

I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel - there must be an easier way.

BTW, if I make changes to a jsp inside the container I can see the changes -
but of course I don't want to do that.

Thanks for your feedback.

The information in this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee,
and access by anyone else is unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you believe that you have received this email in error,
please advise us by calling (901) 385 3688, or emailing
mailgateway@accredohealth.net, and then delete this message
and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.