tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: JNDI datasource frustrations...
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:42:36 GMT
What about your app's web.xml? This is a classic question, You many search
through this list or struts/commons lists for answer. There is also a
documentation on Jakarta.apache.org's.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: White, Joshua A (CASD, IT) [mailto:Joshua.White@thehartford.com]
Sent: February 13, 2003 3:36 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: JNDI datasource frustrations...

All,

It seems that I may be having a problem instantiating the Sql server jdbc
driver.  I have copied the following jars into my $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
directory:
msbase.jar
mssqlserver.jar
msutil.jar

I have the following in my server.xml file:

            <Resource name="jdbc/joshsDB"
                auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/joshsDB">
    <parameter>
        <name>username</name>
        <value>someuser</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>password</name>
        <value>password</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>url</name>
        <value>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>maxActive</name>
        <value>100</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>maxIdle</name>
        <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>maxWait</name>
        <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

In the Tomcat console, I see the following:

java.sql.SqlException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

What am I doing wrong here?

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.