tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: jk2 config -- uri directive for root context?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:45:22 GMT
The context in your server.xml is what you need to specify in [uri]. For
example, $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples translated into uri is
[uri:/examples/*]

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Robb [mailto:jakerobb@mac.com]
Sent: February 12, 2003 10:13 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: jk2 config -- uri directive for root context?

Okay, I've almost got this figured out.

I've got JK2 working with Tomcat 4.1.18 and Apache 2.0.44, with much credit
due to Paul Branson and his tutorial, found here:

http://undergraduate.cs.uwa.edu.au/units/233.410/submissions/bransp02/presen
tation.pdf

My only remaining problem is that I'm not sure exactly how to set up the
[uri] directive for the root context.

I've got Apache set up (with the DirectoryIndex directive) to serve
index.jsp by default.  When I check the server (link below), I get an HTTP
500 error:

http://65.42.173.103/

No error messages are appended to my error_log file.

The relevant part of my workers2.properties file looks like this:

# Uri mapping
[uri:/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

It's apparent that Apache is forwarding the request to Tomcat, but Tomcat
isn't finding the source file.  The source jsp files are located at:

/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/

I tried putting them in webapps/ROOT, but that didn't help.

Do I have the source location wrong, or the URI directive?  Or both?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake Robb