tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.18, JK2 - no iis_redirect.log
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:17:34 GMT
There are two places that you define shm.file, tomcat jk2.properties and
apache workers2.properties. If you comment out one, you have to comment out
another.

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Varley, Roger [mailto:Roger.Varley@brake.co.uk]
Sent: February 6, 2003 11:10 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1.18, JK2 - no iis_redirect.log

> > has been the
> > major cause of my problems in getting Tomcat to work. For
> > example, I only
> > found out about the need for [shm] through the archives of
> this list.
> >

> [shm] is needed section is needed to run i_r2.dll ?
>
> i'll test this.. shouldnt be needed at all.. or at least have a
> plausible default that to not cause any problems if not needed..
>
> I think it's a bug.. Please report this issue at
> <http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla>.. Thanks..

If I try to start Tomcat without

[shm]
file=e:\java\jakarta-tomcat\logs\shm.file
size=1048576

in the workers2.properties then I get "[Thu Feb 06 16:00:41 2003] (error )
[jk_shm.c (333)]  shm.init(): No file" in the tomcat logfile and I cannot
load the examples webapp.

Before I report this as a bug I need to tidy up what I've been doing, I've
been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now and it is entirely
possible that I've got some crud/unneccassary configuration floating around.

Incidentally, does the path http://<domainname>/global/ have a special
meaning to Tomcat 4.x. I have a web application "global" that I have not yet
mapped into server.xml yet, but trying to load a static html page
<domainname>/global/default.htm is returning a 404 from Tomcat rather than
finding it with IIS which I would have expected.

Regards
Roger