tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Swapneel Dange" <s_da...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JDBC & ORACLE implementation !
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:49:09 GMT
hi mike !

the files i am using are quite small in size like 200-300 KB but sometimes i
get files of the size 1MB or so. but the rate at which i get these files is
huge, i get a file every 12 second so that makes 7200 files a day and all
are useful files. i will then massgae the files and strip them of the
un-necessary details. and then look out for keywords in the file. draw some
conclusions based on that and then implement the solutions.

moreoevr i could not understand as to what u wanted to convey through the
sentense," So, you don't really need tomcat per say to talk to oracle, you
need your>servlets/jsps to be able to talk to oracle. " . i am a NOVICE,
thats the reason that i didnt understans the meaning of the sentense there.
anyways i can user the other JDBC drivers which are not supplied by ORACLE.
some of the drivers suggested to me here are the ones by DATADIRECT.

awaiting reply !

Swapneel Dange
505-642-4126
http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~sdange