tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "yip leung" <bluesna...@hotmail.com>
Subject using tomcat server
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:19:29 GMT
Hello. I am a student and i am now doing a piece of coursework.
Thanks for the free download of Tomcat 4.1 at your website, but i do have
problems of how to use it the way i wanted. I wonder if i can get any hints
through this email.

Q1. I am trying to development a flash animation which need to run on my PC
at Tomcat Server, to let people to use it through the internet. I have got
the animation working fine but i do not know how to run it through this
Tomcat Server, is it OK if I make my own index page (using Dreamweaver)
replace the default index page and just put the flash animation in there?
will it mess up the user and password in the xml file in conf file?

Q2. The flash animation need to send inputs from the user to a database,
possibly a XML file.  I have done the xml socket in flash, but how can i
make the server listening to my flash animation and then update my database?

Your advices will be very helpful. Thank you very much.