tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Swapneel Dange" <s_da...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: index.html and ipaddress ?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:38:19 GMT
thanx jake, i will try to play around with the server.xml file but u said in
ur reply that my ROOT then point to something else. i didnt understand what
u meant by something else. anyway if i am not successful in doing what u
suggested probably i will  move all the files to the ROOT and then change
the directory sturcture for me. if i am stuck at something then i will
probably sure ask u for more help.

but all the way do u know how to fix this problem i have ----- i want to
replace the IPADDRESS of the machine on which TOMCAT is running with some
name, lets say 'IAMTOMCAT' and can we get rid of the port number in the
address for running the TOMCAT, so in the end can the address look like this
-----
         http://IAMTOMCAT/index.html
awaitaing reply !

Swapneel Dange