tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Swapneel Dange" <s_da...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC & ORACLE implementation !
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:12:05 GMT
hey peter !

ur right, that there is no transaction involved in this process here. only
thing i will be doing is receiving files on the server using the servlets.
now may be it was too much thinking on my part to say that i will use
ORAVCLE. what do u say that for atleast 7200 files a day of size max 1MB,
shouldnt i use ORACLE ? should i try some other options and if YES then what
kind of database can i implement.

right now i have the FILE SYSTEM implemented here. but i think it has
limited my ability to do pattern searching and data mining, thats why i was
trying to move to something more stable and robust such as a database which
can support TOUGHER queries.

awaiting reaply !

Swapneel Dange
505-642-4126