tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Hole <steve.h...@messagingdirect.com>
Subject RE: Manual servlet deployment problems on 4.1.18
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:05:59 GMT
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:04:56 -0800 (PST) Steve Guo <cool_xml@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>  Steve Hole <steve.hole@messagingdirect.com> wrote:
> This implies that the element defines the name of the
> web application?
> ------ what do you mean? the webapp is defined by the name of the folder ("test")

Ah!   Which explains the problem.   I will suggest that there is a problem
somewhere in the JVM dealing with symbolic links to files held on a SAN.
I'll have to try this on something other than Linux and see if I still see
the problem.   That's why it suddenly worked when I moved it locally and I
thought it was because I had made a corresponding change in the web.xml
file.

Thanks for your help Steve.

Cheers.
---
Steve Hole
Chief Technology Officer - Billing and Payment Systems
ACI Worldwide
<mailto:holes@ACIWorldwide.com>
Phone: 780-424-4922