tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: [OT] free Database with Transaction (Sorry for the noise)
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:51:57 GMT
Hypersonic does have a jdbc driver, it's a type 4.  I think it's jdbc 2, but
I'm not sure.

Oracle supports jdbc version 2 at least, 3 I think, not sure.  They're kind
of funny, they don't always support all parts of the version that they're
nearest too.  They have a type 4 as well as the type that uses native
libraries.  They additionally have different types of type 4's, which you
use depends on the application.

DB2 also has a JDBC driver, but other than that I don't know.

Also, cloudscape used to be part of the j2ee development kit, that version
was free as I recall.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson