tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: Class location? - Solved
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:52:37 GMT
Good, although you probably still have a problem.  Putting them under
WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/classes should have worked.  Those directories are
for classes specific to the web application, and/or classes that you don't
want to be common to the runtime environment for all webapps.

However, I've seen this type of behavior on Unixware with version 3.3.x of
tomcat.  The oracle xdk xsql servlet classes just will not play nicely
unless they are installed in the "common" library directory.  Anywhere else
and you get nothing but problems.  This isn't the case on linux however, it
works properly.  Probably something to do with the implementation of the JVM
or the OS, don't know, don't really care as I have a workaround.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com