tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brzezinski, Paul J" <paul.brzezin...@eds.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat/Apache2/JNI on Solaris
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:19:23 GMT

--
mailto:Paul.Brzezinski@EDS.com
Enterprise Distributed Capabilities
EDS Corporation
248-265-8283

: -----Original Message-----
: From: Francesa Lacreativa [mailto:xtreme_modem@yahoo.com]
: Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 10:03 AM
: To: Tomcat Users List
: Subject: Re: Tomcat/Apache2/JNI on Solaris
:
: Thanks for your reply, Paul.  I did post my entire problem
: last week but maybe it was too much at once.
: My config is Solaris 8, Apache 2.0.43, TC 4.1.18, and JDK
: 1.4.  I have used the default config that is specified on the
: jakarta JK2 website (not very helpful, unfortunately), but I
: just get more errors in apache's error log about the shm file
: in additional to the factory errors.  I don't get any errors
: in catalina.out, but I get this error in apache once i start it:

Can you start Catalina directly w/o any errors?

: [error] env.createBean2(): Factory error creating
: channel.jni:jni ( channel.jni, jni)
: [error] config.update(): Can't create channel.jni:jni
: [error] env.createBean2(): Factory error creating vm: ( vm, )
: [error] config.update(): Can't create vm:
: [error] env.createBean2(): Factory error creating
: worker.jni:onStartup ( worker.jni, onStartup)
: [error] config.update(): Can't create worker.jni:onStartup
: [error] env.createBean2(): Factory error creating
: worker.jni:onShutdown ( worker.jni, onShutdown)
: [error] config.update(): Can't create worker.jni:onShutdown
: [error] mod_jk child init 1 0
: [notice] Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.2 configured --
: resuming normal operations
: [info] Server built: Feb  4 2003 11:38:17
: [debug] prefork.c(1039): AcceptMutex: pthread (default: pthread)

Didn't realize that you had posted last week -- sometimes I don't pay close
attention to the list during the day, but look at the posts a little closer
after hours.

Can you (re)post your jk2.properties and workers2.properties including the
full paths to each?

One difference I noticed -- I have jkjni.so in $APACHE_HOME/lib/jkjni.so.  I
don't know if that makes a difference, maybe the default loc is now
$APACHE_HOME/modules or maybe it doesn't make a difference in 4.1.18 TC.

Paul

: It seems to me like apache isn't able to start tomcat at all.
:  I noticed that I get the same error even if I completely
: remove the jkjni.so file from the modules directory.
:
: Should I send more info?
:
: thanks again,
:
: -francesa
:
:
:
:
:  "Brzezinski, Paul J" <Paul.Brzezinski@EDS.COM>
: wrote:Francesa Lacreativa wrote:
:
: >Has anyone been able to get Apache2 to start tomcat 4 via JNI and the
: >JK2 connector? on Solaris by chance? If so, could you please post or
: >privately email me your configuration files (httpd.conf,
: >workers2.properties, jk2.properties)?
: >
: >gracias,
: >
: >
: have you tried any of the latest builds? Are you getting errors in
: catalina.out? Please post your errors or give a little more detail
: about your config -- which flavor of J2SDK, what version of Apache,
: TomCat and the connectors you're using...
:
: I did get this work on TC 4.1.15 but ended up combining all the jars
: into $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib because of a classloader issue...don't
: know if that's been resolved yet...my config: Solaris 8, J2SE v1.4,
: Tomcat was the 4.1.15-JDK-1.4.
:
:
:
: Do You Yahoo!?
: Todo lo que quieres saber de Estados Unidos, América Latina y
: el resto del Mundo.
: Visíta Yahoo! Noticias.
: