tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Forder, Matt" <Matthew.For...@sensis.com.au>
Subject Apache 2.0.43, mod_jk2, and other delights
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:38:39 GMT

Okay, I have several questions pertaining to apache 2.0.43, mod_jk2, all
running under Solaris 8, and using Java 1.4.1_01

1. I'm trying to build a load balanced, falut tolerent configuration for my
apache servers to talk to mulitple instances of tomcat. Does anyone have a
good example of a loadbalanced workers2.properties file? I have implemented
one that seems to work but I'm not convinced that it's the best/optimal
configuration.

2. I'm seeing a lot of these errors in my apache error_log:
[Mon Feb 03 16:00:35 2003] [error] channelSocket.receive(): Error receiving
message body -1 11
[Mon Feb 03 16:00:35 2003] [error] workerEnv.processCallbacks() Error
reading reply
[Mon Feb 03 16:00:35 2003] [error] ajp13.service() ajpGetReply recoverable
error 120000

Cam anyone shed any light on these? I see that the error is recoverable, but
that are hundreds and hundreds of these messages and I'm hoping that someone
can show me the errors of my way!!!

3. I'm seeing a problem where an application we have running under tomcat
starts to mis-behave under load. Specifically, tomcat will serve pages upto
a certain point, and then it stops serving pages. Hitting tomcat directly
through it's http connector, or from a web server using the ajp13 connector
gives no results. What we are also seeing is that amount of context
switching going on in the system, and a truss shows a lot of lwp type
processing going on.

Phew!!! I know that's a lot of questions... hopefully somebody will be able
to shed some list

Matthew Forder
Unix Systems Administration Manager - Service Support and Delivery
* +61 3 9201 4327 or +61 409 357 362
@ matthew.forder@sensis.com.au
* Sensis Pty Ltd, 181-189 Victoria Parade, Collingwood, VIC 3066

www.sensis.com.au

A leading Australian advertising, information
and directories business.

www.yellowpages.com.au
www.whitepages.com.au
www.citysearch.com.au
www.whereis.com.au
www.telstra.com.au

This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential
and/or legally privileged.
Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage
arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy or
retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return email or by contacting
Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on [+61 3 9201 4888]