tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Day" <ron...@ronday.cc>
Subject RE: Log4J and tomcat
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:15:30 GMT
Try putting log4j.jar in your WEB-INF/lib directory, and your log4j.props in
your classes directory.
or
set up a servlet that loads on startup that uses the log4j method to define
the path to your prop file, in the init().

-----Original Message-----
From: Sloan Seaman [mailto:sloan@sgi.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:23 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Log4J and tomcat

I'm deploying a war file using tomcat and I wish to use Apache's common
logging api to log things (log4j behind the scenes).

For some reason my configuration file seems to be getting ignored but my
log.info msgs are showing up in the console window for Tomcat.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

How do I get my app to use my log4j conf file?

Thanks!
--
Sloan