tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <Filip.Ha...@evant.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Apache for Servlets
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:45:51 GMT
I think you are confusing the list :)

you can't run servlets in the Apache server, only in tomcat.
however, you can have apache handle the initial request and then hand it off to tomcat using
mod_jk.

look for the mod_jk howto documentation that came with your installation
Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Saravanakumar Soundarrajan [mailto:soundars@ecs.csus.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 3:51 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Configuring Apache for Servlets

Hi,

I have been trying to run some servlets in the apache server. If I put my
class files under "\Tomcat4.1\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes " folder, they
dont work. But all examples run and so I was wondering if there is any way
to out class files under the ROOT folder. Please let me know if this is
possible or not.

Thanks
Saravanakumar.