tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <Filip.Ha...@evant.com>
Subject RE: Error - tomcat-users.xml.new permission denied - while starting TOMCAT
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:56:48 GMT
start tomcat as root :)

just kiddin, this is a permission issue, it is up to you to decide how you want to do it.
you could comment the whole memory realm out if you don't use it for example

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: krip pane [mailto:jkrp123@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 9:28 AM
To: tomcat
Subject: Error - tomcat-users.xml.new permission denied - while starting
TOMCAT

All,

I'm trying to start tomcat as user "tomcat" via a
script.  But it keeps dying with error -
tomcat-users.xml.new permission denied.  It looks like
it's trying to write to the conf dir, but the id
doesn't have write permission to do so - only root
does.  I don't want to give any ID other than root
write permission on conf.  How can I workaround this
problem and get tomcat to start.

Thanks