tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <Filip.Ha...@evant.com>
Subject RE: Unable to compile class for JSP
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:47:27 GMT
and int your

<jsp:useBean id="client" class="ClientData" scope="session"/>  tag

the class attribute should contain the fully qualified classname.

Fiilip

-----Original Message-----
From: Denise Mangano [mailto:DeniseM@complusdata.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:44 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Unable to compile class for JSP

The common answer I've seen to this, and what worked for me was placing the
class in a package.

Place the class in C:\Tomcat4\webapps\MyApp\WEB-INF\classes\mypackage\beans

In your class file you need the statement:   package mypackage.beans;

In your JSP page you should have   <%@ page import="mypackage.beans" %>

HTH

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst