tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <Filip.Ha...@evant.com>
Subject RE: Unable to compile class for JSP
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:37:48 GMT
starting with JDK 1.4 I believe your bean have to be in a package

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bennett [mailto:arbsr@pacbell.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:32 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi,

I've just installed Tomcat 4.18 on my Windows 2KP machine and am having trouble using my java
beans in my application.  I continually receive the error:

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\Tomcat4\work\Standalone\localhost\myApp\Proc\getuserinfo_jsp.java:332: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ClientData
location: class org.apache.jsp.getuserinfo_jsp
      ClientData client = null;
      ^

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /Proc/getuserinfo.jsp

The code generating the error is:

<jsp:useBean id="client" class="ClientData" scope="session"/>

I've placed my class files in the "C:\Tomcat4\shared\classes" as-well-as the "C:\Tomcat4\webapps\MyApp\WEB-INF\classes
directory".  can someone tell me why my bean is not being recognized?

- any help greatly appreciated!