tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <Filip.Ha...@evant.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.3.1 HttpSessionBindingListener not found
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:00:14 GMT
Is the "javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionBindingListener" supported by Tomcat 3.x?

If it showed up in a later version of the servlet specification, you might need to upgrade
your Tomcat.

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Lemberg [mailto:Daniel-L@VIPS.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 11:45 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 3.3.1 HttpSessionBindingListener not found

Hey, I'm running into an odd problem on Tomcat 3.3.1 on Sun, and am hoping
somone could help shed some light on the problem.

I have a few classes in a JAR file that implement
HttpSessionBindingListener.

In my test environment on my PC (Tomcat 3.3.1a for Windows), the classes
work fine. But on one of our customer's server (which might be configured
wrong), the classes throw:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionBindingListener

whenever anything tries to load them (which we do via Class.ForName()).

Note that we have some 40 other customers that don't have this problem, but
none of them that I know of are using Tomcat.

Does anyone have any idea how this could happen? How could Tomcat not know
what a HttpSessionBindingListener is? I'm about stumped.