tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bio Jazz" <bio_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Accessing Java Classes
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:52:42 GMT
Hi all...

I had a problem with a JSP page not being able to use a class that I wrote.
(My JSP page was in ../webapps/ROOT and my class was in
../webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes.) However, I noticed in the archive for this
mail list that my class should be part of a package. So, I added 'package
test' to the top of my class, and placed the class in
../webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/test, and now it seems to work.

My question is...is there a way to setup Tomcat so that I don't need to do
this? In other words, is there a way to have all my classes in the
../webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes directory without having them in a package?
I know for servlets all the classes can go in the
../webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes directory...why is it different with JSP?

Thanks for the help!

Brian